Terms and Conditions of Trading
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO THE APPLICANT FOR CREDIT
(PART 111A Privacy Act 1998)
Please read carefully
The supplier may give information to a credit reporting agency but only limited kinds of information allowed by the Privacy Act. This includes Identity Details. This only includes your name, sex, date of birth, current known address, two immediately previous addresses, your current or last known employer, your drivers’ license number, the fact that you have applied for credit and the amount, the fact that the Supplier is a credit provider to you, payments overdue for at least 60 days which the Supplier has taken steps to recover, advice that payments are not longer overdue, cheques drawn by you which have been dishonored more than once, the opinion of the Supplier that you have committed a serious credit infringement and when the credit provided to you has been discharged.
- AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONITIONS OF TRADE:-
SARI ASIA Pty Ltd’s trading terms and conditions apply to all transactions between the supplier trading as Sari Asia Pty Ltd and the customer (applicant). The applicant is considered to have guaranteed payment of all accounts for goods ordered and purchased, together with any legal or out of pocket expenses associated with the collection of any outstanding money. The applicant approves SARI ASIA Pty Ltd to charge any credit card held on file if the account is trading outside the approved terms.
- PAYMENT OF ORDERS/ACCOUNTS
- All orders which are endorsed or described as “Pro-forma Orders” are firm, irrevocable and non cancelable by the Applicant (Customer) and must be paid for in full at time of dispatch. Where payment for a Pro-forma Order is not received, the order may be cancelled by and at the sole discretion of the Supplier (Sari Asia Pty Ltd) and in such event the Applicant will be liable from the date of notice of cancellation for a cancellation fee equivalent to 20% of the invoiced or $50.00, whichever is greater.
- All other orders made to the Supplier must be paid for within 30 days of the date of the Supplier’s invoice (“the Payment Period”) and whose payment in full is not received by the Supplier prior to the expiry of the Payment Period then the Applicant shall be liable to pay interest on the amount outstanding as at the expiry of the Payment Period at the rate of 2% per month until payment in full is received by the Supplier. The Supplier is hereby irrevocably authorized to allocate the payment of any monies received from time to time from the Applicant towards any outstanding amount incurred with the Supplier by the Applicant. All prices quoted shall be exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) and GST will be payable on the sale price on payment of the invoice.
- The supplier may under certain circumstances and for certain orders enter into a discount structure agreement with the applicant. Any agreed discount structure will be honoured by the supplier provided that the payment terms contained within clause 2(a) and 2(b) are strictly adhered to.
- PROPERTY IN AND DELIVERY OF GOODS
- The Goods supplied by the Supplier to the Applicant shall be at the Applicant’s risk immediately on delivery to the Applicant or into the Applicant’s custody or immediately upon delivery as directed by the Applicant.
- Notwithstanding that the risk of loss or damage to the Goods passes to the Applicant in accordance with the previous sub paragraph (a), property in and ownership of the Goods shall not pass to the Applicant until payment in full for the Goods shall have been received by the Supplier.
- Until Payment in full of the invoiced cost of the Goods shall have been received by the Supplier, the Applicant shall hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as a bailee only for the Supplier and the Applicant shall (at its own expense) keep the Goods properly and safely stored separately from any other goods and stock of the Applicant and any other third party and in such a way as the Goods shall be readily identified as the Goods of the Supplier and the Applicant shall not subject to sub clause (d(i) pledge, mortgage, change or part with the Goods or attempt to do so without the prior written consent of the Supplier.
- (i) Notwithstanding that the property in the Goods has not passed to the Applicant, the Applicant may resell the Goods or any part thereof in the name of the Applicant but only as agent for the Supplier and may deliver any such Goods to the buyer of them but only on term which will not prejudice the Supplier’s ability to obtain the sale proceeds thereof.
(ii)Any amount paid by the buyer of such Goods from time to time to the Applicant (hereinafter referred to as “the sale proceeds”) shall be held by the Applicant in trust for the Vendor, banked in a separate bank account relating only to the sale proceeds of the Goods of the Supplier under this and/or other contracts between the Supplier and the Applicant and shall be forwarded as soon as possible after receipt to the Supplier.
(iii)If and when the full amount of the price of the Goods has been received by the Supplier, any further part of the price received by the Applicant upon and resale by it of the Goods may be retained by the Applicant as its commission for effecting such sale as agent for the Supplier.
- An act of default of this contract shall be deemed to occur in the event of any of the following (and any of these acts described in sub paras (e) (i) to (iv) below are herein collectively referred to as an “Act of Default”)
(i)The Applicant failing to make payment in full of the invoiced cost of the Goods within 30 days from the date of invoice.
(ii)The Applicant, if required herein, failing to insure the Goods from the date of delivery thereof by the Supplier and to provide evidence of such insurance to the Supplier.
(iii)Any distress or execution being levied upon the Applicant’s Goods or property.
(iv)The Applicant being a company, becoming unable to pay its debts as they fall due, offering to enter into any scheme of arrangement with its creditors, the passing by the Board of Directors of the Applicant of any resolution to wind up the Applicant, the filing of any petition to wind up the Applicant or the appointment of an administrator or receiver/manager in respect of the Applicants affairs, the Applicant, in the case of a natural person being declared bankrupt.
(v) Immediately upon the Applicant committing any Act of Default any right to sell the Goods in which the title of property remains vested in the Supplier shall cease forthwith and the Applicant shall upon the happening of any Act of Default immediately place all of the Goods then remaining in its possession or under its control at the disposal of the Supplier and the Supplier is hereby irrevocably authorized by the Applicant to nominate a person to enter the Applicant’s premises during normal business hours for the purpose or repossessing such of the Goods still in possession or under the control of the Applicant and where necessary to use no more than reasonable force to liberate and take possession of the Goods. Where the Goods are stored in a warehouse conducted by a person other than the Applicant immediately upon committing any Act of Default the Applicant shall be deemed to have irrevocably appointed the Supplier the attorney of the Applicant with the authority in the name of the Applicant to direct the watchouseman to release any of the Supplier’s Goods in the possession or under the control of the watchouseman whether or not the Payment Period has expired and the Supplier shall be at liberty to resell the Goods after repossession of the same pursuant to this clause.
- Until the full amount of the price of the Goods due to the Supplier is received by the Supplier, the Applicant:
(i) Shall maintain and keep full and up to date records of the Goods supplied by the Supplier including those Goods on sold by the Applicant.
(ii) Hereby irrevocably authorises the Supplier to enter its premises during normal business hours from time to time to inspect the residue of the Goods remaining unsold by the Applicant, the Applicants records relating to the Goods and also to inspect the accounts including bank accounts, into which the proceeds of sale of sale of that part of the Goods already sold are by this clause required to be deposited pending payment to the Supplier.
- RETURNS AND CREDIT
Any Goods purchased by the Applicant from the Supplier may only be returned to the Supplier where written notification of the proposed return of the Goods is received within seven (7) days of the date of delivery of the Goods to the Applicant and the Supplier has agreed in writing to accept the return of the Goods and the Goods are returned in good condition at the expense of the Applicant.
- MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- It is expressly agreed that any action, suit, dispute or proceedings arising from or in connection with the sale of goods pursuant to the Agreement or any matter between the parties hereto may be instituted, heard and determined in a court of competent jurisdiction in the state of Queensland or of such other State or Australia nominated in writing by the Supplier and each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such court for the purpose of any such dispute, action, suit or proceedings.
- The Applicant hereby irrevocably authorises:
(i) The Supplier from time to time, in order to arrange any application for credit to obtain any information about the Applicant from any credit provider named in this application.
(ii) To obtain a credit report in respect of the Applicant from any credit agency and
(iii) To provide any information contained on this credit application form and also details of the performance of the Applicant in compliance with the trading terms and conditions herein to other credit providers, credit agencies and to Bay Corp Pty. Ltd. The Applicant further authorises Sari Asia Pty. Ltd to make such information available for other credit providers.
- Freight and transport costs from the Supplier’s nominated warehouse and in transit insurance incurred in respect of the Goods are at the cost and liability of the Applicant and are not included in the invoiced price of the Goods.
Minimum freight charge for all orders is $25.00.
- The word “Goods” shall be deemed to refer to any goods obtained by the Applicant from the Supplier from time to time pursuant to the Agreement.
- The Applicant shall be liable for and shall promptly pay to the Supplier:
(i) Any legal costs incurred by the Supplier on a solicitor/client basis
(ii) Any court bailiff costs and services fees incurred by the Supplier
(iii) Any fees paid to a debt collector in respect of any action or court proceedings taken by or on behalf of the Supplier for the recovery of any monies due by the Applicant to the Supplier pursuant to this Agreement.
- Service of any notice or document pursuant to this Agreement may be effected in any manner prescribed by Section 1 if the Conveyancing Act or any section or provision in substitution therefore.
- The Supplier reserves the right to terminate this Credit Agreement at any time immediately upon service upon the Applicant or written notice of termination without providing any reason therefore.